HOLLOWAY COOK LIMITED
Registered Office – Epping House, 55, Russell Street, Reading Berkshire RG1 7XG
Company Registration number 05446500
The aim of this policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us;
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
How do we obtain personal information?
We obtain information from you when you use or complete forms on our website, if you contact us by telephone, email, interview, post and from your books and records. As agents, we may also receive information from various government departments.
Storage of personal data
Your data is stored on encrypted computer servers and in paper files. Where data held is particularly sensitive it is made confidential and passworded. All paper files are stored in cabinets and are secure both during office hours and outside office hours.
We use a secure Portal hosted in the Netherlands to upload documents that you are able to log into. All files are encrypted in transit using SSL and AES technologies.
We also use a remote off site back up which is GDPR compliant. This is in addition, to our own secure internal back up facility.
Personal data obtained
Personal data we collect from you may include: –
Full names, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, gender, photographs, national insurance numbers, unique tax references, marital status, dates of marriage, spouses/partners name, background and lifestyle, pension payments and receipts, bank or building society account numbers and sort codes.
In addition, we may obtain details of related businesses that may include: –
Business names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, unique tax references, business descriptions, vat registration numbers, companies house registration numbers, filing dates for both tax returns and companies house.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes or legal obligations and will not retain it longer than necessary.
How we use your information
We use your data in the following ways: –
- To provide our services and comply with our contractual services to you;
- To provide customer care, when responding to requests for information from you or third parties;
- To help us to identify you and any related businesses;
- To process your data for administration, accounts including invoicing, statements, processing of payments and receipts;
- To notify you of changes to our website;
- To inform you of our terms and conditions of engagement;
- To obtain government department authorisation to discuss and correspond regarding your tax affairs;
- To monitor our work in progress in order to comply with our contractual obligations with you;
- To fulfil our responsibilities under money laundering legislation.
Sharing your data
Where necessary and in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, we will share your data with various government departments.
To fulfil our legal obligations we may share your personal data with law enforcement or data protection agencies when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process.
Only after specific consent, will your data be shared with other third parties.
Data retention & deletion
We will retain your information for as long as you remain a client of Holloway Cook Limited.
Upon request, we will delete your personal data, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention.
You have the right to;
Request access to the personal data we hold and process about you. Should you wish to do so, please contact us in the usual manner;
Request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
Have personal data erased. The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. As stated above, we have legal obligations to retain your data for our legal, tax, and accounting obligations, for certain periods required by applicable law. The retention period also helps you to remain compliant. However, once these dates are passed your data will be destroyed;
Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your data. Please be aware that should this occur we may not be in a position to fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
Upon request, we will supply a copy of the personal data we hold for you and if required, transmit that to a third party;
To object to us processing your data on the grounds relating to your particular situation;
Transfer of data to other countries
Other than the backup of our systems as detailed above, we will not transfer your data to other countries.
If you live abroad we will in future only correspond with you via our secure portal unless you do not have access to a computer. If this is the case, we will need to make separate arrangements with you.